SEPM Database Getting Down due to the size of DB
We have Symantec Endpoint Protection manager installed on windows server 2003 and couple of Months back I have upgraded from 12.1.3 SEP manager to 12.1.4 Manager and updated the client versions too.
From Some days every three to four gap the Database goes down and Symantec Embedded Database service will stop and if we try to manually start then it will not start again.
After reading some where in support forum i have tried to shringk the database but shrink will stop at 10%.
Some where in forum mentioned like this
1) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db\ within Windows Explorer.
2) Locate the sem5.log and rename it to sem5.log.old
3) Open a command prompt and navigate to the following location: cd d:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\ASA\win32
4) Issue the following command: dbsrv12 -f "d:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db\sem5.db
5) Start the Symantec Embedded Database service through the service control manager (services.msc).
Symantec need to create some Fix to solve this. ATM I try to install SEM again and save the DB to SQL Express. Then Restore my DB Backup to SQL Express.
After doing this the database service will work for some hours like 2 to 3 hours then again same issue.
sem5.db Database size is 4.52 GB and sem5.log will go upto 400 + Mb in some minute then the database stopped suddenly.