SEPM hangs after sometime
Recently I have upgraded the SEPM from RU6 MP2 to SEPM 12.1 RU1. The clients are yet to be upgraded to the latest version. We encountered some issues of huge network usage after upgradation as we have implemented throttling in IIS in earlier version.
Now we restricted the traffic through NIC adapter by 10mbps half duplex.However the console stops responding after some time for which we need to restart the SEPM services again and again.
I can see some errors in the event viewer saying Apache http server stops responding. Also there is some error showing the jawas stops ineteracting with windows component.
Please anybody could suggest the things to be rectified in such case as our remote webconsole admins are unable to login to SEPM.
Increase the javaheap size
Increase the javaheap size and see if that helps
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager heap size:
- Click Start> Run.
- In the Run dialog box, type regedit
- Press Enter.
- Locate the following registry key:
- Locate the following keys:
JVM Option Number 0
JVM Option Number 1
- Adjust the key values upward, and for optimal performance, match the key values.
For example, to create a 1 GB static heap, set: "JVM Option Number 0" to "-Xms512m", and set "JVM Option Number 1" to "-Xmx1024m".
- Close Regedit.
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools
- In the Services dialog box, right-click Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, and then click Restart.