SEPM, How to recover when you missed one patch installation
recently I was running SEPM MR3, then downloaded MR4 MP1 and upgraded. It was my fault and SEPM stopped running.
I needed to run MR4 first! bump!
Now, we upgraded our licence and I had no access to MR3 installation CD and I was in a hurry, so this is what I have done
to recover the server
1. you will need a recent backup of SEPM
2. Follow this instructions:
2.1 I have done this:
Install SEPM, use any connect and DB password(because you have a backup of the DB).
Login in the console a do the JKS step
Now do the DB Restore, you will end up with a MR3 DB in a MR4 Installation
3. Don start SEPM yet, just run the MR4 setup again
4. Choose Repair and at the end the DB Upgrade tool will appear, this will update your MR3 DB to MR4
5. Run the Management Server Configuration Wizard tool
6. you're done!
I hope Symantec can warn you that a previous version is required. I say a warning in case you need to do some strange install. A warning like the "you don't have 1024MB of RAM" message will help.