Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

SEPM reporting Mac clients as version 12.1.0001.8888

Created: 18 Dec 2012 | 5 comments
iug's picture

Some of my SEP clients for Mac appears as v12.1.0001.8888 instead of the v12.1.2015.2015.

All of the Mac clients are Mac OS X 10.8.2.

Any idea why is it happening?

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

Are any showing the new version number?

Did you upgrade?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Cameron_W's picture

I know there was a issue back in RU6 regarding this that was resolved in RU6 MP1.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH141287

Is SymantecRegistry.xml file under install_path/SMC zero-byte in size?

If your clients are indeed on the latest version I would recommend calling and opening a case with support.

If I was able to help resolve your issue please mark my post as solution.

Mick2009's picture

Hi Iug,

In which report or screen are those versions displaying incorrectly?  My Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8.2) 12.1 RU2 client displays correctly in the Clients tab of the SEPM. 

Are all of your Mountain Lion clients affected or just some of them?

Many thanks in advance!

With thanks and best regards,

Mick

Layne_Staley's picture

I'm having a similar issue.

In SEPM (Version: 12.1.2015.2015), the Mac 10.6.8 client I just updated to RU2 using the installer I created from SEPM shows the client version as 12.1.0001.8888.

On the client 10.6.8 MacBook, when I get info on the SEP client app, it shows 12.1.2015 (2015)

//Edit: I also have the same experience on a 10.8.2 iMac....

sandra.g's picture

When this happened in the 11.x product, I believe it had to do with corruption to the /Library/Application Support/Symantec/SMC/SymantecRegistry.xml file. Is it zero-byte? (This file should be in the same location in 10.8.) You may want to duplicate and rename the .bak file to .xml if it is NOT zero-byte in size.

If you log a case, you may want to reference the following doc:

SEP for Mac client version shows as 12.5.0001.8888 (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...)

sandra

Symantec, Senior Information Developer
Enterprise Security, Mobility, and Management - Endpoint Protection

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'solved' with the answer that best helps you!