Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPM update 11.6->12.1 caused managed clients to remove all components in 11.6

Posted Aug 18, 2011 04:40 AM

Yesterday i initiated the upgrade of my SEPM to 12.1, i planned to update just the manager and my server-group and wait with the clients until i was certain everything worked fine.

However somewhere along the way all clients removed their components (antivirus, network protection etc). SEP 11.6 was still installed and showing a systray icon on all of them, there just weren't any active components inside SEP.

Does anyone know what might have happened and how i can make sure it doesn't happen again?

My SEPM is on a Server 2008 x64, clients were running XP, Vista and Win7 (both 32 and 64bit).

I have two groups, Servers and Clients, with separate policys in each. Since i didn't add any 12.1 packages to the client-group i didn't think anything were going to be changed there.

(also a rather disturbing thing is that windows 7 claim that there is no antivirus or firewall installed on the machines after an upgrade)

• 2.  RE: SEPM update 11.6->12.1 caused managed clients to remove all components in 11.6

Posted Aug 18, 2011 05:01 AM

check this

Clients show "No Symantec protection technologies are installed" after migrating the SEPM from 11.x to 12.1

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH164677

• 3.  RE: SEPM update 11.6->12.1 caused managed clients to remove all components in 11.6
    Best Answer

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Aug 18, 2011 05:02 AM

Hello,

Could you upload some screenshots on what happened??

When you say, "there just weren't any active components inside SEP", what does that mean??

Check this Article:

Clients show "No Symantec protection technologies are installed" after migrating the SEPM from 11.x to 12.1

I am sure this may help you!!!

• 4.  RE: SEPM update 11.6->12.1 caused managed clients to remove all components in 11.6

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Aug 18, 2011 05:04 AM

Hello,

Rafeeq was faster to give that answer!!!

• 5.  RE: SEPM update 11.6->12.1 caused managed clients to remove all components in 11.6

Posted Aug 18, 2011 08:30 AM

Sorry i didnt' remember the exact phrasing, and i didn't think about screenshots.

The link describes exactly what happened and i also know why.

Thanks to both of you for the response.