Video Screencast Help

SEPM Upgrade to 12.1.3 Server BSOD

Created: 24 Sep 2013 | 12 comments

Hi, we have uppgraded from SEPM 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 on our Server 2003 32 bit. After the upgrade whenever the SEPM services start we get a crash (BSOD). the older version 12.1.1 was working fine.

I have tried reinstalling the SEPM, upgrading chipset and video drivers. Also tried a total uninstall of SEPM, client and liveupdate and installed from scratch. None of that helped, as soon as the services start the server crashes.

Anybody got any ideas on what might be causing this or how i could resolve it.

Thanks.

Operating Systems:

Comments 12 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

First off, what components do you have installed? AV, NTP, PTP, and application and device control?

You really may want to consider opening a support case. This is not the first I've seen this happening on the upgrade to RU3

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Rafeeq's picture

SEPM is the  console and not a AV program. To be honest I have not seen it too.

can you post the scm-server0.log lets see what it did when it started. Anythign in the event viewer?

any other version of tomcat apache you  have?

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

Have you installed SEP client on the same machine as the SEPM?

If yes, what components have been installed? I would suggest you to uninstall the PTP and NTP features and check again.

Secondly, It would be advisable to please create a Case with Symantec Technical Support and upload the full memory dump logs to the case.

How to create a new case in Symantec MySupport

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58873

Phone numbers to contact Tech Support:-

Regional Support Telephone Numbers:

• United States: 800-342-0652 (407-357-7600 from outside the United States)
  • Australia: 1300 365510 (+61 2 8220 7111 from outside Australia)
  • United Kingdom: +44 (0) 870 606 6000

Additional contact numbers: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp

Hope that helps!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

lee.sz's picture

Thanks for the replies. The server is on siite, i will be there tomorrow morning so will post the scm-server0.log then.

.Brian's picture

And let us know what components are installed as well.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

lee.sz's picture

After i uninstalled all Symantec products i only installed the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, no client installed on server. It still crashed.

kimberlyw's picture

Please call in and create a case with support and provide a full memory dump of when the crash occured with stop code.

Cameron_W's picture

Configure the machine for a full memory dump, reproduce the issue, then open a support case. The assigned TSE will provide you FTP upload credentials for the memory dump that can then be reviewed.

If I was able to help resolve your issue please mark my post as solution.

lee.sz's picture

Thanks all for responses. Have logged a call with Symantec.

.Brian's picture

Have you been able to get this fixed?

lee.sz's picture

Nope. I logged a call with Symantec and after trying several things including a complete uninstall and using the CleanWipe util i still had the same problem after re-installing. Eventually they asked for the memory dump files and from that they told me that my problem was hardware related, but couldnt tell me specifically which piece of hardware was causing the problem. Strange because the 12.1.1 was running just fine on that very hardware.

Anyway, ive tried updating BIOS and all drivers, made sure the OS was up to date with updates but still nothing.

Now deciding wether to go for a new server or a different anti-virus.....

pete_4u2002's picture

full memory dump is required to identify if any issue.