Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEPP 11.7.MP1 upgrade cannot connect DB

Posted Dec 07, 2011 11:57 AM

Upgraded from SEPP 11.7 to 11.7 with MP1.

Cannot get into SEPP manager console.  Get message "Failed to connect to Server."    Code 0x80020000

I did a "RESETPASS".  System requested password change.  I changed password.  Since then I got msg.

I want to create a client install package.  I need SEPP manager console to do this.

I am new at SEPP.

• 2.  RE: SEPP 11.7.MP1 upgrade cannot connect DB

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Dec 07, 2011 12:08 PM

Hello,

Are there 2 SEPM's in your Environment where, there is a Replication set??

What Database are you using, Embedded or SQL??

Please check under services.msc , (if I am not Mistaken) Symantec Embedded Database or Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Service is Stopped.

Could you attach the scm-server-0.log and catalina.out files fromt he \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Tomcat\Logs

In your case, resetpass.bat would not help.

Please Run a Repair on SEPM from Add/Remove Programs

OR

Run the upgrade wizard located: 'C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\bin\upgrade.bat'

Hope that helps!!

• 3.  RE: SEPP 11.7.MP1 upgrade cannot connect DB

Posted Dec 07, 2011 01:48 PM

Did you move the manager install to another drive? This is a shot in the dark, but I had a case like this a couple weeks back. The user ended up changing the communication port from 2638 another port, and that resolved the issue.

Which Communication Ports does Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 use?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH102416&locale=en_US

• 4.  RE: SEPP 11.7.MP1 upgrade cannot connect DB

Posted Dec 07, 2011 02:26 PM

NO same drive

8443 server port

9090 web port

Code at end of "Failed to connect to server." msg was 0x80020000.

• 5.  RE: SEPP 11.7.MP1 upgrade cannot connect DB

Posted Dec 07, 2011 02:58 PM

Mithun,

1 SEPM

Embedded?

Sym EnPt Prot Mgr service was stopped earlier-I started-same results.  One time it was started- I tried the Sepp mgr console which did not work-checked services and sepp mgr service was stopped.

Stopped services-ran REPAIR from aaa/remove pgms- restarted services-same msg

I am going to try my first file attach for logs-would not let me add files with extensions .out and .log so I cahnged both to .doc.  Please change back before use.

Thanks

Attachment(s)

doc
    catalina.doc   393 B 1 version
    doc
    scm-server-0_4.doc   5 KB 1 version