SEPv11 - Importing Unapproved Application List into Fingerprint for System Lockdown
It appears that the View Unapproved Applications List in System Lockdown adds very little value since you cannot directly import this information into a new or existing file fingerprint. Is this by design?
I did the following steps to accomplish the import without the need to touch a remote system or run 3rd party tools like checksum.exe to obtain the new list of applications. A lot of the steps below can be automated with excel marcros, pearl scripts, and possibly SQL queries.
12. Once a final list is filtered delete Column B leaving the Unapproved Application Column and File Fingerprint column.
13. Save with a .txt extension. (Saving with a .csv or xls make work as well).
14. Import and append to existing file fingerprint or create a new one.
15. Let the SEP clients update the new policy.
16. Reset the unapproved applications test and run it again.
17. Rinse and repeat.
Sure would be easier to have the option to right-click the unapproved list of applications and add it to a new file fingerprint or existing fingerprint.