Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  Serious memory leak in version 10.0.1-2

Posted Apr 15, 2013 02:14 PM

I'm experiencing a serious memory leak in the current version of SMG. When is Symantec planning on addressing this?

• 2.  RE: Serious memory leak in version 10.0.1-2

Posted Apr 15, 2013 03:05 PM

To get answers regarding something like a suspected memory leak, contacting Support directly would be your best bet. However, if you have increased the max message size allowed through the scanners, or have heavy use of content filters, dictionaries, regular expressions or other customizations, the following KB may help:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH198258

• 3.  RE: Serious memory leak in version 10.0.1-2

Posted Apr 15, 2013 04:09 PM

I have contacted support and they walked me through doing all the steps in that KB. It helped a little.

When the memory fills, the SMG starts letting through spam like crazy.

I never had this problem before this version, and now I'm rebooting twice a week. The whole thing is ridiculous, and I'm quickly losing faith in this product.

• 4.  RE: Serious memory leak in version 10.0.1-2

Posted Apr 15, 2013 05:06 PM

Please contact support again and let them know what you just entered above, as well as referencing your previous case. The issue is still related to the elements described in the KB, we can help focus the steps in the KB to manage the situation in the interim until the next version becomes available.

The next few releases will have improvements related to how customizations function on the SMG appliance.