Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Server 2003

Posted Apr 13, 2007 09:55 AM
    I have a Win Server 2003 (PDC) and it's System partition is really small (4GB)  and it is getting full.  Can Ghost take an image of the "C" drive and then dump it back onto a bigger hard drive?

• 2.  RE: Server 2003

Posted Apr 13, 2007 10:24 AM
    Yes it will resize it for you or you can pick a size for a partition on the new drive.  Not sure if you can go from ide to/from sata hard drives or not I've never tried but i do know that it can go to a larger hard drive and expand to take up the full drive if you want.

• 3.  RE: Server 2003

Posted Apr 13, 2007 02:56 PM
    What would I install if all I wanted was the "C" drive of the machine I would install the program on?  Also having never used Ghost, how would I do it?

• 4.  RE: Server 2003

Posted Apr 13, 2007 04:47 PM
    The only reaon you would need to install it is to make the boot floppies so it doesn't really matter where you install it.
    Once you ahve it installed just make a standard ghost boot floppy.  When you boot from it, it will go right into ghost, from there you will do a disc to disc copy.  It's pretty easy, just make sure you get the source and destination correct :smileywink: