Video Screencast Help

Server name change BE 2010

Created: 26 May 2010 | 3 comments

Ooops.

I changed the name of my server, and now things are slightly broken.  I went in with the BEUtility and did the new db location.  Everything seems back on track except the PureDisk Dedupe function still will not start.

How can I change the Db location for this function?  I'd hate to delete and recreate the dupe folder as I have data in there.

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Dev T's picture

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/319367.htm

The anove document explains the steps to move BE on a different server with different name, in our case we have changed the name so we need to perform on server name change in SQL database

Please follow the document from here:
NOTE:
Perform Step 5 only if you are moving the installation to a system with a DIFFERENT computer name. If the installation is being moved to a system with the SAME computer name, skip this step and go to the next step, step 6. Step 5 is required because the new database will have the name of the old database and will have to be changed before the Backup Exec services can start.

Its a best practice to have a "Support Contract" with Symantec...

digitlman77's picture

Umm...both my devices are offline.   Do I have to delete and re-add?  Will I lose all the data in my current dedupe folder?

Dev T's picture

I do not think you will loose data in the de-dup folder...I havent came accross this situation...I will try it in the test environment...

Its a best practice to have a "Support Contract" with Symantec...