Servers cannot decide whether it is GUP or not
This problem has been perpetual, and I have tried troubleshooting it myself to see if there is a pattern. Just when I thought there was a solution, the problem has re-occured.
1. We have roughly 1000 servers that act as GUPs. For the past month, 200 servers stopped acting as GUPs even though they have the correct policy and are communicating with SEPMs.
2. All 1000 servers belong in a single group, and have the LiveUpdate policy that tells them, "If you belong to this group, you are a GUP". See the attached LU_Policy_for_GUP.zip.
3. I created another group with duplicate LiveUpdate policy that tells them, "If you belong to this group, you are a GUP". See the attached Remediate_GUPs Policy.zip
4. When I move the 200 servers from their original group, to this new group, they get the new policy, i.e. Remediate_GUPs_Policy. 150 of these 200 now show they are GUPs once again.
5. I move these 150 GUPs back into their original GUP group, where they belong.
6. Over several days, about 150 of these servers that were previously remediated and became GUPs are now, no longer GUPs again.
Why on Earth is this happening? What else can I do to troubleshoot and permanently resolve this issue? This makes absolutely no sense.
We have SEP RU7 MP1. Please don't say upgrade to SEP 12