Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Servers randomly disappear from the Backup Restore Tab in Backup Exec 2012

Created: 14 Oct 2012 • Updated: 14 Oct 2012 | 5 comments
mario_g's picture

Hello,i have installed BE2012 with SP1a (clean install). I have a problem of disappiring servers from backup/restore tab. According to TECH186464 problem should be solved by SP1a, but it didn't. OS version is windows server 2008 R2, 64bit.

I need help :)

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Jaydeep S's picture

Are you getting the Event Id as mentioned in the technote. Also, apply all available from Live update, then try and get the server rebooted once and the check if you are facing the issue.

mario_g's picture

yes, i am getting the event id. I have apllied all available updates from Live update. there were 3 hotfixes after SP1a: Hotfix 180964, 189571 and 194470. i have and rebooted server, even reinstalled BE, but the issue remains

Jaydeep S's picture

I would suggest you to open a ticket with Symantec Support for further investigation.

CraigV's picture

...did you perhaps push-install your updates to your remote servers once you did the patch upgrade?

Thanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

mario_g's picture

after instalation of BE, i installed SP1a with Live Upate, restart server. Then push again Live update, installed hotfixes and then restarted servers. after that i did push instalation of agents.

@Jaydeep S:

i did i have telephone session tommorow with support. i'll post the soultion