ServiceDesk

View Only
  • 1.  Servicedesk 7.5.1 Unknown Signs in Processmanager

Posted Jan 16, 2014 01:06 AM

Hello,

after we upgrade our System to 7.5.1 in Processmanager we have unknown Signs on some Labels.

labels_processmanager.jpg

We currently use IE 8 and IE 9 . Our Language Setting is German. When we change it to English everything is fine.

Thanks for your Ideas .

• 2.  RE: Servicedesk 7.5.1 Unknown Signs in Processmanager

Posted Jan 16, 2014 07:12 AM

It looks like some strings are translated and others aren't. This leads me to believe that they never got translations for some new strings (for whatever reason), so they remained "pseudo-localized".

You have a couple options. If the strings are in a page-level .resx, you can just mark up the .resx and they'll appear with correct translations. These look like they're in webparts, however. Your option there is to find some resource library editor online (there are some free ones out there), find the string, and update the library manually.

• 3.  RE: Servicedesk 7.5.1 Unknown Signs in Processmanager

Posted Jan 20, 2014 03:38 AM

Thanks for your Answer,

but where can I find this .resx files for this sites. I have found more than 570 resx.de Files. It seems that every Page has its own File. Is this Correct ?

In the DB i have Found an Entry to this Folder /Applications/PhrasesTranslationEdit.aspx

I think it is for localisation. But when Site open nothing happens.

The most Sites in processmanager contains Webparts. Where can i find this sites.

Thanks for your help.

• 4.  RE: Servicedesk 7.5.1 Unknown Signs in Processmanager

Posted Jan 30, 2014 11:56 AM

Hi,

same here. I did not manage to find out where to edit the localization for the Webparts.

Any help would be nice.

• 5.  RE: Servicedesk 7.5.1 Unknown Signs in Processmanager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2014 12:08 PM

The ServiceDesk 7.5 SP1 release contained a debug build of Workflow. In some instances its been found that the debug build doesn't properly handle the localization. A release build, without all the extra debug information, is available which may address the problem.

https://www.nortonzone.com/pickup/83178?key=w-EleaX3yAYQMrcjGM248W3gM3FdM4kfkdRJ1JTYDbX6Ba3bxQpd8c7q85hcoVlq&src=url

Simply run the installer and perform an upgrade.

• 6.  RE: Servicedesk 7.5.1 Unknown Signs in Processmanager

Posted Jun 26, 2014 07:24 AM

Hi,

could you please provide a new download link, because the old one is broken.

I'm also a little bit confused about the facts that this has not been fixed in last couple of months, and that it is not possible to find a KB or an info in the Release notes about that.

Regards