Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Setting up a DR site with SSR 2011

Created: 08 Nov 2012 | 2 comments

Currenly have a single Dell PowerEdge T710 backed up with SSR 2011 (10.0.3.45857). The server is running 2008 R2 and is a DC and Hyper-V host. There are 3 2008 R2 guests (SQL 2008 R2, Exchange 2010) on the machine.

I want to set up another server in another location and do a full restore once a month or so. Dell does not make the T710 any longer, so I need to get a different machine. Wanted to see if anyone has done the Restore Anywhere from a T710 to another machine and what they have used.

Thanks for any input!

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

Sorry, only for IBM servers but they worked like a charm ! wink

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Digerati's picture

It will work .... I personally have restored backup onto very different machines and have never been let down ...

You can test your backup image by restoring it on a good desktop which supports hyper v too .... You won't be disappointed ....