SFHA Solutions 6.0.1: Configuring Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) in an Oracle VM Server for Solaris SPARC environment
Oracle VM Server for SPARC is a virtualization technology on the Solaris SPARC platform that enables you to create multiple virtual systems called logical domains (LDoms), on a single physical host. The virtualized computing environment is abstracted from all physical devices and allows you to centrally manage your workloads on a system. The logical domains can be assigned different roles such as control domain, service domain, I/O domain, and guest domain. Each domain is a full virtual machine where operating systems can be started, stopped, and rebooted independently.
VCS uses the LDom agent to manage the Oracle VM Server for SPARC guest domains. Storage agents such as Disk agent, DiskGroup agent, and Zpool agent can be used to manage storage services provided to a guest domain. Network agents such as the network interface card (NIC) agent can be used to manage networking services provided to the guest domain.
VCS provides the following functions for LDoms:
- Enables logical domain availability in the host (control domain)
- Initiates external reboot (hard reboot) of guest domain
- Enables failover of the guest domain to another VCS node
- Responds to user-initiated guest domain migration
- Enables dynamic re-configuration of CPU and memory assigned to the guest domain
- Creates logical domain configuration from the configuration file
- Automatically synchronizes the domain configuration file across the cluster nodes
For more information about VCS in an Oracle VM Server for SPARC environment:
- About Veritas Cluster Server in an Oracle VM Server for SPARC environment
- About Veritas Cluster Server configuration models in an Oracle VM Server for SPARC environment
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC guest domain migration in VCS environment
- Configuring VCS to manage a logical domain using services from multiple I/O domains
- Configuration scenarios
For more information on configuring VCS in an Oracle VM Server for SPARC environment, see Veritas Storage Foundation and High Availability Solutions Virtualization Guide
VCS documentation for other platforms and releases can be found on the SORT website.