SFHA Solutions 6.0.1: Use Cases for managing VCS configuration files using the hacf utility
The hacf utility acts as a translator between the Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) engine and the VCS configuration language. It translates the contents of the main.cf file into commands for the VCS engine. During upgrades, the VCS installer uses the hacf utility internally to generate the main.cf file for the version being upgraded to. You can also use the utility to verify the VCS configuration, troubleshoot VCS startup, and rectify formatting issues in configuration files.
The following are the use cases for the hacf utility:
- About multiple versions of .cf files
- Displaying configuration files in the correct format
- Verifying a configuration
- VCS:10622 local configuration missing–troubleshooting VCS startup
- VCS:10623 local configuration invalid–troubleshooting VCS startup
hacf (1M) 6.0.1 manual pages:
hacf (1M) manual pages for other releases can be found on the SORT website.