SFHA Solutions 6.0.1: Using the tunable files to set product and system tunables
You can set non-default product and system tunable parameters using a tunables file. A tunables file is a Perl module and consists of an opening and closing statement, with the tunables defined between. Each tunables file defines different tunable parameters. The values that you can use are listed in the description of each parameter. You can select the tunables that you want to add to the tunables file and then configure each parameter.
For information on preparing the tunables file, setting the parameters and a list of supported tunable parameters, see:
- Preparing the tunables file
- Setting parameters for the tunables file
- Tunables value parameter definitions
The tunables file passes arguments to the installer script to set the tunables. You can use the installer to create a tunables file template. If you start the installer with the –tunables option, you see a list of all supported tunables, and the location of the tunables file template.
Using the tunable file, you can set the tunables for the following operations:
- Setting tunables for an installation, configuration, or upgrade
- Setting tunables with no other installer-related operations
- Setting tunables with an un-integrated response file
Veritas Storage Foundation and High Availability documentation for other platforms and releases can be found on the SORT website.