SFHA Solutions 6.0.1: Using vxcdsconvert to make Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) disks and disk groups portable between systems for Cross-platform Data Sharing (CDS)
The vxcdsconvert command makes disks and disk groups portable between systems running VxVM with the Cross-platform Data Sharing (CDS) feature.
For more information on the CDS feature, see:
You can resize the CDS disks to larger than 1 TB. For more information, see:
You can use the vxcdsconvert command to:
- Check whether disks and disk groups can be made portable (using the –A option).
- Convert disks and disk groups to be CDS-compatible.
For more information on the conversion procedure, see:
Note the following points:
- The vxcdsconvert command requires that disk groups be version 110 or greater.
- When a disk group is made portable, all disks within the disk group are also converted.
- Converting a disk group that contains RAID-5 volumes and logs fails, if there is insufficient space in the disk group to create an additional temporary RAID-5 log.
- The default private region size increased from 512 KB to 1 MB in SFHA release 3.2, and from 1 MB to 32 MB in release 5.0.
vxcdsconvert (1M) 6.0.1 manual pages:
VxVM documentation for other platforms and releases can be found on the SORT website.