SFHA Solutions 6.0: Use Cases for Optimizing Oracle performance
Created: 11 Apr 2012 • Updated: 18 Jun 2012
Storage Foundation and High Availability Solutions can help you optimize your Oracle databases and reduce storage costs. Here are some use cases for Storage Foundation 6.0 products with Oracle databases:
- Back up your Oracle databases on a daily or weekly basis using the FlashSnap feature.
- Clone a a standby Oracle database in a replicated environment for testing or analysis.
- Create multiple database clones for off-host node for reporting or testing.
- Roll back an Oracle database to a point in time using database checkpoints.
- Create a clone of Oracle database on secondary nodes of SFCFSHA cluster.
- Take database backups without affecting performance of the production database.
- Optimize Oracle performance and resource usage using Cached ODM.
- Compress archive logs and read-only databases to save storage.