SharePoint 2007 farm DR
Anyone have experience in successfully recreate a SharePoint farm in DR environment from backups?
I went through the documentations and collected bits and pieces of information here and there, but did not have any information about the sequence that make it possible.
If i am to restore everything from scratch using different hardware with no BMR, i think this is the sequence
1. Install and configure OS on all servers
2. Install and configure SQL servers
3. Install SharePoint application on the machine that will host the Central Administration application (also the one that we used to perform backup via SharePoint agent)
4. Create a new Configuration database and attach to it using the SharePoint configuration wizard
5. Install SharePoint application on remaining servers and have them joined to the farm created in point 4.
6. Restore data being backed up using SharePoint agent
7. Restore all system state and hives information to the WFE/APP servers to restore IIS metadata and webpart dlls
Can anyone let me know whether the process is correct?