Video Screencast Help

Sharepoint 2013 / Netbackup 7.5.0.7 or 7.6

Created: 24 Jan 2014 | 3 comments

Hello,

I've read loads of threads and admin guides for backing up Sharepoint, and something is not very clear to me regarding compatibility

As far as I've read, it seems that Sharepoint GRT is not supported on Windows 2003 media servers, but is supported on Windows 2008 R2 media servers.

Is this statement valid as well for Sharepoint 2013 ? Is GRT supported on Sharepoint 2013 with Windows 2008 R2 media servers ?

If not, is there any version that FULLY covers Sharepoint 2013 backup AND restore (including GRT) ?

Thank you

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Marianne's picture

Your understanding is correct.

Footnotes in latest version of  NetBackup 7 Application/Database Agent (CL):    http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126904 :

1. GRT is not supported with SharePoint 2013.
2. NetBackup 7.5 GA or later is required for SQL Server 2012. "Always On/Availability Groups" are not supported at this time.
3. Reference NetBackup 7.0.1 Release Notes for Windows 2008 SP2 requirements with SharePoint 2010.
4. GRT is not supported on Windows 2003
5. NetBackup 7.6 and later does not support Master Server or Media Server on this 32-bit Operating System.
6. Microsoft Sharepoint 2003 is not supported with NetBackup 7.5 and later.

You may want to get hold of Product Management via your local Symantec office to request roadmap info about GRT support for SharePoint 2013...

Supporting Storage Foundation and VCS on Unix and Windows as well as NetBackup on Unix and Windows
Handy NBU Links

BTLOMS's picture

1. GRT is not supported with SharePoint 2013.

i learnt this a very painful way :(

after speaking to our Symantec partners, they have no plans to fix this in the near future. Till then the only way to do GRT is to use third party backup and restore tool.

DavidE31's picture

Thank you for your replies

We fill find another way to backup Sharepoint 2013 with GRT