Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  SIM 7.1.206 - Cannot install additional solutions - Products to be updated

Posted Apr 16, 2012 01:11 PM

Even SIM does not show any updates to be available, I still cannot install additional solutions, as I'm getting the error:

"Install Readiness Check 'PartialUpgrade' Failure: All installed components and products to be upgraded., Result 'Action cannot be completed without upgrade."

What I did is the creation of a SIM package containing the latest Client Mgmt Suite and Asset Mgmt Suite. With that offline package I installed first Client Management Suite only.

After the installation, only one update was available in SIM (Inventory Solution) which I installed.

After that installation it's not possible anymore to add any more products. I'd like to add Asset Management, but I'm getting the partial update error. Anyway there are no updates to be installed.

Does anybody have an idea how to get rid of that message and actually perform the installation of additional solutions?
    (BTW: The entire server has been rebooted, without fixing the situation)

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: SIM 7.1.206 - Cannot install additional solutions - Products to be updated

Posted Jul 12, 2012 03:14 PM
      |   view attached

Hello,

When upgrading pcAnywhere to 12.6.7(any other updates like Inventory etc) on the SMP 7.1sp2 server SIM reports that "All installed components and products to be upgraded".All installed components and products are not selected needs to be upgraded. either select all or uninstall those that do not require upgarde.

Symantec Installation Manager (SIM) returns a "All installed components and products to be upgraded"  error during the "Install Readiness Check" while performing a pcAnywhere upgrade from view and upgrade and says that  All installed components and products are not selected needs to be upgraded. either select all or uninstall those that do not require upgarde.

• 3.  RE: SIM 7.1.206 - Cannot install additional solutions - Products to be updated

Posted Jul 23, 2012 08:21 AM

Hi first of all have you try to reinstall the SIM ? Which you can do without altering your production database.

Second what product are you trying to update ? Regarding the PcA 12.6.7 if it is the case you need to go into install new product and install and install the SP2b.