Video Screencast Help

Slow backup speeds after 12.1.3

Created: 10 Dec 2013 | 4 comments

In the last month we have seen a significant decrease in bandwidth following the SEP 12.1.3 upgrade. The problem did not exist in 12.1.2 and no policies have changed. I found that if i disable the Network Threat Protection the problem is alleviated, but this is not a valid long term solution.

So far I've tried:
-adding host exceptions in the IDP policy
-adding process exceptions in the virus scanning
-adding process exceptions

I have upgraded the backup server to 12.1.4, as well as a test destiantion client but that did not seem to make much of a difference.

I was hoping there would be a recommendation or suggestion on how to get BackupExec to work well with 12.1.3

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

Brɨan's picture

Your best bet here is get on the phone with support. This was supposed to be fixed in 12.1.3 but still seems to be there as well as in 12.1.4. Support will collect some advanced logs as well as packet captures and will be able to figure out what's going on.

Agreed turning off the firewall is not the answer but for now you may need to do it in order let things run as they should.

-Brian

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

SUPPORT-2-SUPPORT's picture

I think you should contact support to take with backline or engineering team.

Regards,

S2S

Please don't forget to mark your thread solved with whatever answer helped you.

Brɨan's picture

Do you need more assistance with your problem or were you able to get it resolved?

If you could post an update for followers of this thread that would be most helpful.

Thanks and take care,
Brian

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.