Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  (SMALL) gigabit routers (with DHCP) that GSS2.5.1 is happy with.

Posted Jul 07, 2010 04:59 PM

Does anybody have a particular model/make of a relatively inexpensive router that supports multi/uni/direct broadcasting? None of the Linksys/Cisco stuff (with the recent RVS4000) were able to establish a GhostCast connection between the GSS server (one subnet) and the systems we were trying to ghost (behind the router, getting the router DHCPs IP addys). I've built a working WinPE - with all the latest drivers - using Ghost Boot Wizard, and if used with the mapping-the-drive-to-the-server (no GhostCast) it works fine. We've beaten our head against the wall and it's time to ask for help. IDEAS???

Thanks much,

Ewa

• 2.  RE: (SMALL) gigabit routers (with DHCP) that GSS2.5.1 is happy with.

Posted Jul 07, 2010 09:27 PM
    Oh, our domain is set up so that the IPs are assigned based on the systems' MAC addresses. if the computer has an IP reservation on the subnet (skipping the router) , it ghosts fine (8GB in 15mins). Mapping the drive - well, 8GB in1.5hours.
    I just need some hints of which routers (with DHCP - a must for ghosting new systems that don't have IP reservation yet) would you guys suggest we should take a look at.

contact me directly at

emw55 at cornell dot edu

or simply post your reply here.

Thanks again,

Ewa