Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  SMG 10.0.1-2 Suspicious Url Content

Posted Aug 14, 2013 06:12 PM

Hello,

Our organization recently changed their outlook signatures to include links to online publications that have reviewed some of our recent projects. Immediately after, on certain occasions, when a user's outbound mail has been replied to, and occasionaly when emailing intra-office, SMG10 has been flagging messages as [Caution: Message contains suspicious url content], based off of the new links inserted into the user's signatures. I as of yet have been unable to reproduce the condition in which these are getting flagged, but the incidence directly corresponds to the addition of the URLs in the signatures. It is also my understanding that this filter is only supposed to scan for URL shortners, redirects, and known sites hosting malware, is that correct? If so, the URLs in question don't meet any of this criteria. 

Searching the forums has bore little fruit. Has anyone experienced issues such as these? Is this possibly something that could be/is addressed in 10.0.2-4? 

Please advise. 

• 2.  RE: SMG 10.0.1-2 Suspicious Url Content

Posted Aug 15, 2013 07:32 AM

Your understanding of the Suspicious URL verdict is correct. Since you have been unable to reproduce the issue in testing, I suspect something else may be occurring. Your best bet would be to contact support with sample message data so this can be investigated. I am not aware of any reports similar to what you are describing and without more specific information there's not much I can offer on the situation.