Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  SMG 10.6.1-3 Error "Can't publish configuration to host"

Posted Jun 15, 2016 08:16 AM

I received logs from BrightmailLog.log

Jun 15 2016 14:10:09 [PublishingThread-39] [PublisherJob] ERROR - can't publish configuration to host: host.domain.com 
    com.symantec.smg.controlcenter.InvalidArgumentException: The Directory Data Service configuration XML for host: 10.x.x.x is invalid. 
     The error is : Parsing Error
    Line:    98
    URI:     null
    Message: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'query'. One of '{baseDn}' is expected. Unable to publish.
        at com.symantec.smg.controlcenter.host.ConfigurationHelper.publishDdsConfiguration(ConfigurationHelper.java:289)
        at com.symantec.smg.controlcenter.host.dds.DdsManager.publishDdsConfiguration(DdsManager.java:142)
        at com.symantec.smg.controlcenter.host.dds.DdsConfigPublisher.publish(DdsConfigPublisher.java:105)
        at com.symantec.smg.controlcenter.host.publishing.PublisherJob.run(PublisherJob.java:89)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Jun 15 2016 14:10:09 [http-bio-443-exec-9] [ScannerAction] ERROR - com.symantec.smg.controlcenter.host.publishing.PublishingException: Configuration saved successfully but could not publish configuration to the following hosts - host.domain.com. Please check control center logs for details. 
    Jun 15 2016 14:10:09 [http-bio-443-exec-9] [ScannerAction] ERROR - Configuration saved successfully but could not publish configuration to the following hosts - host.domain.com. Please check control center logs for details. 

• 2.  RE: SMG 10.6.1-3 Error "Can't publish configuration to host"

Posted Jun 16, 2016 04:53 AM

Hi,

Could you please tell us whats been going on, eg it looks like you changed some settings.

Usually the changes made on CC are saved there and get published to the scanner(s). And at that point something went wrong.

Regards

Thomas

• 3.  RE: SMG 10.6.1-3 Error "Can't publish configuration to host"

Posted Jun 22, 2016 05:06 AM

I installed 3 SMG on VM for the latest version 10.6.1:

1 VM - Control Center

2 VMs - Scanner

The 1 VM scanner does not encountered any problem while the other scanner received that error.

Hope someone could help me in this problem as it is not a searchable problem and support cannot trace it.

The recent advise it to restart the problematic Scanner and do the syntax on Control Center cc-config database --repair

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: SMG 10.6.1-3 Error "Can't publish configuration to host"

Posted Jun 22, 2016 06:53 AM

Hi,

According to https://support.symantec.com/content/unifiedweb/en_US/article.HOWTO54042.html

have you checked your fw-config that all needed ports are open, eg 41002?

On your scanner, using the support user, whats the result of "telnet CC-IP 41002"

Thomas

• 5.  RE: SMG 10.6.1-3 Error "Can't publish configuration to host"

Posted Jun 22, 2016 09:01 AM

Hi Thomas,

All listed ports are configured accordingly. I check it via support user.

Bobie

• 6.  RE: SMG 10.6.1-3 Error "Can't publish configuration to host"

Posted Jun 22, 2016 09:04 AM

My problem is related here https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH234968.html

Hope someone can provide the solution

• 7.  RE: SMG 10.6.1-3 Error "Can't publish configuration to host"

Posted Jun 22, 2016 09:32 AM

Doesnt look good.

I would tcpdump a communication between cc and the scanners (working and not working) and compare.