Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  sms 8240 problem

Posted May 21, 2008 10:50 AM

Hello,

We have a Symantec Mail Security 8240. Our licence expired on 13 January 2008 and in this moment the Administration Licencing tab show the followings:

Symantec Antispam Not Licensed January 13, 2008 Symantec Antivirus Not Licensed --- Symantec Premium Content Control Not Licensed --- Software Updates Not Licensed January 13, 2008

I have upgraded to Version 7.5.0-23 on Oct 27 2007 (before my licence expiration date). From that date the device was up and running but in a default state (not in a testing/production envirnoment - so just up and running). Later (after the licence expired) I had the chance to configure/setup the Scaner/Control Center in a testing envirnoment (with Exchange 2003). The mail is flowing - back and forth - but nothing is filtered -

In status I can see the following information (with a red cross for Last Spam Filter and Content Control Licence):

Scanners: Accessible   Virus Definition Version: 2007-7-18 (19)   Last Spam Filter Update: 91 Days Ago   Spam Quarantine Usage: 0 KB ( 0 %)  

Content Control License:

It is normal for the Local Scanner not to filter if the Licence Expired?

Is showing that all services are running.

I have send it all kind of test messages (to be procesed as spam) but nothing is procesed.

It shows Inbound 0 Outbound 0.

Please help.

Thank you.

Basic

• 2.  RE: sms 8240 problem

Posted May 27, 2008 10:41 AM
    Hi,

You have to get a license to have the appliance properly running.
    As the scanner have to be registered (licensed) to filter something.

AL