Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  SMS SMTP Gateway 5.0.1.200

Posted Apr 18, 2012 11:52 AM

All was right with the world until we had a team come to evaluate our security stance. Everything worked fine the day before the team left but the following week we found that we could no longer log in to the control console of the SMTP server. Although nothing has changed when we try to log in to the control console .of the control console of the smtp server it gives us a invalid user name or password, is there a recovery procedure for this. hate to rebuild due to 1024 PKI is not supported by this version.

• 2.  RE: SMS SMTP Gateway 5.0.1.200

Posted Apr 18, 2012 12:07 PM

Please provide the Symantec product name, and I will move this post over to the proper forum for you.

• 3.  RE: SMS SMTP Gateway 5.0.1.200

Posted Apr 18, 2012 04:02 PM

Well the name is Symantec Mail Security for SMTP Ver 5.0.1 (I believe it is also know as brightmail)

• 4.  RE: SMS SMTP Gateway 5.0.1.200

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2012 06:40 PM

This product has not been supported in a long time. You should migrate to the Messaging Gateway while virus definitions still work for it.

• 5.  RE: SMS SMTP Gateway 5.0.1.200

Posted Apr 19, 2012 07:44 PM

I agree with JDavis for moving to the Symantec Messaging Gateway(SMG) as the SMTP 5 is a very old product at this point in time.  The SMG is a physical appliance or a virtual appliance.  The SMG supports VMware ESX and ESXi but does not have support for MS hyper-v at this point in time.

For the SMTP 5 product, I would recommend that you make sure that sms mysql service is running.  Also take a look at the following document.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH82759