Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  SMTP stops responding after 8.00-24 update

Posted Mar 11, 2009 08:15 AM

I updated our SMS appliance (8260) last week (march 5), and our problems started.  SMTP on the appliance stops responding after couple of hours and we need to restart it 3-4 times a day.  Many users are complaining because they're receiving many emails with the subject "Delayed Mail (still being retried)", messages stops coming in from the internet, or they're delayed for hours.  The earlier version, 7.7, worked without any issue!  I tried to check the inbound and delivery queue from the http page of the appliance, and it just stays loading and never finishes.  Also, I tried to see hoy much space the queues are using on Status->Host->Messages queues, and it shows 0kb on all queues.  While I was writing this post, I received a message from mxtoolbox.com, saying that the server was down... again.  It worked less that an hour since the last reset.

• 2.  RE: SMTP stops responding after 8.00-24 update

Posted Mar 12, 2009 09:09 AM

Hi Hector,

So, are there any specific errors or events logged when it stops responding?  (Go to Logs, under the System menu on the left).

• 3.  RE: SMTP stops responding after 8.00-24 update

Posted Mar 13, 2009 09:00 AM

I had another appliance with a damaged raid controller.  I swapped the hard drives (the damaged one had Brightmail 7.7), booted it up, and presto!  Its working!  Only had to change the mx records on the DNS.  Had to do it, the spam was killing us!  Both appliances worked 100% on version 7.7...