Network Access Control

View Only
  • 1.  Snac with switch netgear fsm7352s

Posted Feb 05, 2009 07:18 PM

I have i problem with my snac, i need configure a switch netgear to works with my appliance, i have been calling to the support of netgear but this is not efficiently, i would like know if somebody have configure a netgear switch to work with the snac in mode of lan enforcer. I would appreciate your help thanks and regards.

• 2.  RE: Snac with switch netgear fsm7352s

Posted Feb 12, 2009 08:35 PM

Do you have the netgear working in your network without adding the LAN enforcer? It's very important to have the baseline working before adding SNAC.

If you do have baseline working, what kind of problem you are encountering?

Regards,

Mandy

• 3.  RE: Snac with switch netgear fsm7352s

Posted Feb 12, 2009 08:47 PM

HI, THE SNAC IS READY ONLY TO ACTIVATTE THE 802.1X, I MADE THAT THE SWITCH SEND THE EAP TO THE SNAC BUT THE ONLY ACTION THAT THE SWITCH DO IS PASS OR FAIL, IF YOU HAVE THE SNAC CLIENT DON´T MATTER IF THE CLIENT PASS OR NO THE HOST INTEGRITI THE SWITCH ONLY OPEN THE PORT, IF YOU DONT HAVE THE SNAC CLIENT THE SWITCH CLOSE THE PORT IT DOESN´T CHANGE THE VLAN, THIS IS MY PROBLEM IN THIS  RIGHT MOMENT.

THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP

• 4.  RE: Snac with switch netgear fsm7352s

Posted Feb 28, 2009 02:30 AM

I have the same problem with my Cisco Catalyst 2950: switch is accepting 802.1x control from the enforcer, but doesn`t change the vlan according to rules specified. The maximum it does is changing port state from up to down and vice versa. The IOS version on the switch is 12.4, vlans in its database are properly defined.

What could be the cause of this problem?

• 5.  RE: Snac with switch netgear fsm7352s

Posted Feb 28, 2009 05:11 PM

Cisco 2950 Standard image does not support dynamic vlan assignment. It does with Enhanced image: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_data_sheet09186a00801cfb71.html