snapshot error encountered(156) on SQL server (Open file backup question)
I received the following error on one of my SQL servers, but the SQL admin is using lightspeed to backup the logs. I turned off Open file backup and the error went away. Is there any reason if I didn't need to restore the database that I should be worried about doing this?
Policy type: MS-Windows
NB Client: 7.0
NB Master Server 7.0
Error: snapshot error encountered(156)
12/19/2012 1:04:47 AM - estimated 14852252 Kbytes needed
12/19/2012 1:04:48 AM - started process bpbrm (4968)
12/19/2012 1:04:56 AM - connecting
12/19/2012 1:05:00 AM - connected; connect time: 00:00:04
12/19/2012 1:05:04 AM - begin writing
12/19/2012 1:21:51 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=4968) from client 00085ctwksp01: ERR - failure reading file: I:\CI\Installs\EXT020_3\Publisher\Stage\QVD\ObTrans_2012.qvd (WIN32 2: The system cannot find the file specified. )
12/19/2012 1:21:52 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=4968) from client 00085ctwksp01: ERR - Snapshot Error while reading file: GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy166\CI\Installs\EXT020_3\Publisher\Stage\QVD\ObTrans_2012.qvd
12/19/2012 1:21:53 AM - Critical bpbrm(pid=4968) from client 00085ctwksp01: FTL - Backup operation aborted!
12/19/2012 1:21:57 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=4968) could not send server status message
12/19/2012 1:22:00 AM - end writing; write time: 00:16:56
snapshot error encountered(156)
Firstly, if Open file backups are not desired for the client, disable them. This will decrease the resources used by the client during backup and resolve any Status 156 errors. The default NetBackup install options are to have open file backups enabled.
To confirm if VSS or VSP open file backups are activated:
1. Within the NetBackup Administration Console, expand Host Properties in the right hand pane
2. Within Host Properties, click Master Server and then the double-click the name of the Master Server in the right pane
3. Click on the Client Attributes section
4. If the client in question is listed here, click on the client name. If it is not listed, add and click on the client name.
5. Click the Windows Open File Backup tab
6. Ensure that Enable Windows Open File Backups for this client is not selected if open file backups are not required