Video Screencast Help

(Snapshot Full) backup job description no longer visible in BE 2012

Created: 24 Aug 2012 | 3 comments
Eve's picture

I am testing BE 2012, and noticed that during a file restore I can no longer see whether backup jobs are differential or full. In 2010 each backup job available from the restore window was appended with either (Snapshot Full) or (Snapshot Differential). This little detail speeds up restores.

How can I enable this to show in BE 2012 restore window?

Thank you,

Eve

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Backup_Exec's picture

Hi

Q. How can I enable this to show in BE 2012 restore window?

Please check below link which describes about restore in BE2012 ,so read it carefully with snaps,

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/simp...

Thanks

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.

pkh's picture

There is no way to enable the description that you want in BE 2012.  The important thiing is for you to select the point-in-time that you want to restore to.  You don't have to worry about whether you are selecting an incremental or a full backup, BE 2012 will restore the necessary backup sets to get you to that point-in-time.

However, if you still feel that these descriptions are helpful to you, then put this up as a suggestion in the Ideas section.  If enough people agree with you, it might be implemented in some future release of BE.

josephsmeadows's picture

Hi

Thank you very much providing the link that describes about restore in BE2012.

Thank you

Job descriptions