Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Software Packages not Replicating to Site Server Automatically

Created: 28 Mar 2013 • Updated: 01 Apr 2013 | 7 comments
chiefshb's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Ok boys and girls...we have an issue that is driving us INSANE!!! We have ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 running on a Windows 3008 R2 Enterprise server. When we create a software release we can see the entry in the SoftwareLibrary and the snapshot XML is created, but the Available Packages on the site server never changes. When I say never, I mean we've waited almost week and nothing has happened. 

Now...was does work is if we export the software release using the the resource replicator and then import the release, all begins working as it should. This can't be the way it is intended to run. we have another setup itdentical to ours in another division and theirs replicates (if that's the right term) to the site servers without manual intervention. We just created a release on that server and it went to the site servers in seconds...automatically!! 

Does anyone have a clue what this may be or where to start looking for the problem?

If I haven't provided enough info, please let me know what is needed and I'll post it.

Thanks in advance.

Operating Systems:

Comments 7 CommentsJump to latest comment

carlsson's picture

you do have it checked/chosen to "all package servers" ??

C

Hojiblanca

SOLUTION
chiefshb's picture

Hey carlsson...thanks for the reply. We do have All Package Servers selected and left the location blank for default.

carlsson's picture

"Package Refresh" settings?

Settings\Shared schedules

what's the settings

C

Hojiblanca

chiefshb's picture

3:30 AM, everyday however, even if we run this task and the package ditribution update (or something like that) task manually, it still doesn't move to the site server.

carlsson's picture

Gotta be something in the logs ??

Run the package refresh and check the logs on the NS

Hojiblanca

Rajaganesh's picture

You can try deleting all the snapshot.xml files from the %ProgramFiles%\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Package Delivery\{GUID.EN_US} folders on the package server ,also the delete the old client policies from the %ProgramFiles%\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Client Policies\ folder,then request for the new configuration update.

If its still not working then it could be a broken sanpshot.xml,you may need to delete all the snapshot.xml files from the Notification server and run the NS daily package refresh task to recreate the snapshot .xml files,then repeat the steps mentioned above to update the package server with the new snapshots.

Please ignore if you already tried this..

chiefshb's picture

Thanks for the idea Rajaganesh. I hadn't tried that for this issue, but I did do it for another one we were having. This issue remains, so I'm going to assume it wouldn't help to do it again.

I do think I have found what may be an answer. It might not be the correct way, but it seems to work and I'm willing to go with it.

After looking at the other setup in our sister division, I noticed we were setting the packages to go to all package servers. I found that they have it set to Package Servers automatically with manual prestaging and have a site selected.

I did the same and now all software packages replicate to the site server. Again...I don't know if that's the best way to do it, but it's working.

Giving the solution credit to carlsson for giving me the idea to look there.

Thanks for the help all!!