Video Screencast Help

[SOLVED]'-1018 There is a checksum error on a database page. ' error

Created: 08 Sep 2011 • Updated: 25 Mar 2013 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi

We are running Backup Exec 2010 Service Pack 1, and we are getting an error on one of our incremental backups.  The full error is:

V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-1018 There is a checksum error on a database page. '

It’s one of our exchange storage groups this is happening with, and we only get an error with the incremental backup, for which we use a Backup to Disk Folder.  When we back it up to tape over the weekend it works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas that may lead to a solution?  I’ve had a look around but I haven’t found much.  I did erase a couple of our IMG files that were over-writable, as I read it was a problem with the incremental backups erasing the IMG files before backing up, but no joy.

Cheers

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Brian Hunter's picture

Thanks.  I'll try those out and will let you know which is successful.

Brian Hunter's picture

It seemed to be caused by our antivirus scanning our C:\Temp\Backup Exec and our Backup-To-Disk-Folder on our backup server.  I added those folders into our anti-virus exceptions, so that they aren't scanned, and that particular error has disappeared.

Thanks for your help.

SOLUTION