Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

[SOLVED] Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager not updating

Created: 19 Mar 2013 • Updated: 26 Mar 2013 | 8 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

All of a sudden my Windows Server 2008 (Not R2) stopped updating last week while placing the .jdb file into the correct folder. As I know, nothing was changed, settings or configuration. Wondering if anyone might know a solution or even workaround besides using the IntelliUpdaters? I have searched and the only replies found so far are saying to delete any .tmp files in content or incoming folder which already have nothing. Also, this network has no internet connection so I download, burn media then place file. The .jdb file worked on other networks I am over so I figured it is not the file. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Operating Systems:

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

Do you have enough space on C:?

Any error messages coming up on the SEPM on the Servers tab on the Admin page?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Douglas86's picture

Yes there is enough space on the C: drive as no errors at all.  When I look at the space let its something around 900 gb free. The .jdb file just sits there. Also, I should include it is a 32-bit OS. I let the .jdb sit in folder for several days to make sure it wasnt a delay or anything.

.Brian's picture

You may want to enable debug logging per this article

How to debug the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager

Article:TECH102413  |  Created: 2007-01-06  |  Updated: 2013-02-26  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102413

You can post the logs here for review

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Mohan Babu's picture

I agree with brian follow that article and enable the advance log collection.

Upload RapidResponseContentTask.log to check if the RapidRelease was applied to the SEPM.

Log location would be Drive:\Program Files\Symantec Endpont Protection Manager\Tomcat\Logs\

Mohan Babu

moglie20@gmail.com

+91 9884382160

Your satisfaction is very important to us.If you find above information helpful or it has resolved your issue...please mark it accordingly :)

Douglas86's picture

I will try this and see what it says. Hopefully this working but I will reply this afternoon with findings. Thank you.

Douglas86's picture

Sorry I forgot to reply with the solution. I went in a restarted every service associated with SEPM and it started working. I remember doing this before but I guess something did not start right.

SOLUTION