Some questions about Backup Exec 2010 Desktop and Laptop Option
Created: 04 Mar 2011
I have some questions about Backup Exec 2010 DLO, that I want to share with you:
- In a WAN / LAN environment, Is possible to DLO Agent to recognize when is the computer connected through a WAN connection?. (I ask myself is DLO Agent works like SYMC Endpoint Protection Agent)
- Can Backup Exec 2010 DLO protect open files on computers?
- Is possible to configure backup jobs with maximun processor and memory usage, in order to minimize impact to the users?
- Can users start the backup jobs on demand?
- Is possible to create groups to assign quotas or to use in backup policies (i.e. to exclude certain file types)
- Backup Exec 2010 DLO stores the backed up data on a SQL or Oracle DB?
- Can I configure encryption for the backed up data?
- Backup Exec 2010 DLO has a Web Console? Is integrated or not to Symantec Management Platform?
- Can I create groups of computers with diferent backup policies?
- Talking about policies, can I create a set of configuration (Policy) and grag and drop over a specific group?
I will very very appreciate your help in evaluating Backup Exec 2010 w/ DLO.