Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Sony Laptop with system recovery 2013 not seeing drives

Created: 26 Feb 2013 | 3 comments
Complog's picture

We have a brand new Windows 8 Laptop we have just installed System Recovery 2013 on and it is not seeing the internal hard drive or the external drives when we go to do a disaster recovery backup.  Windows sees the internal drives and external drives just fine.  The internal drive is a 500 Gig Hard Drive.  The external drive is a western digitial 3TB Mybook.  When you go into the create a backup of my machine all we see is a system reserved partition on 2TB.  Not sure where it is getting that.  That drive only shows up if you check the show hidden drives box.  The laptop is set to boot EUFI.  According to my research System recovery 2013 is supposed to support that but I am posting just in case.  Thank you.

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

PravinAmin's picture

Hi,

Please see if following steps work for you.
1. Start Diskmgmt.msc
2. Right click on the disks which SSR is not able to see
3. Shrink the volume by some nominal size (1GB-5GB)
4. Stop "Symantec System Recovery" and "SymTrackService" services
5. Start "Symantec System Recovery" Service
6. Open SSR console and see if the volumes are enumerated

In addition to these steps, can you run following command and post its output for External 3 TB drive.

fsutil fsinfo sectorinfo <driveletter of 3 TB drive>

For further investigation of this issue, can you please share the logs gathered using supportgather utility from c:\program files\symantec\symantec system recovery\utilities folder. Also please share the output of smedump and partinfo utilties. Please let me know once the logs are collected so that I can share you the upload location

-Thanks,
Pravin

TRaj's picture

Hello ,

Please refer : 

Drive(s) does not appear in Backup Exec System Recovery or Symantec System Recovery, that appears in Microsoft Windows Disk 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH68773 

Thank You

Tripti Rajusth 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s)

We are requesting you to mark the forums as Solution , so that is makes easier for the viewer to search and refer the posts with "Solutions"

TRaj's picture

Any updates ?

We are requesting you to mark the forums as Solution , so that is makes easier for the viewer to search and refer the posts with "Solutions"