Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Span Volume [1] Done (1658) error

Posted Apr 15, 2009 05:33 AM
    I have recently started getting the following error when trying to create images Span Volume [1] Done (1658).  Prior to this I have successfully created several images for multiple machine types .....with no issue.

Now when ever I try to create any image ... from any of our models I get this error ....along with not enough space for image headr... no space...compress... and other spurious messages.  The images I am creating are 7.5Gb on average .... and there is over 50Gb of space on the Ghost box. 

Fearing it may have been an issue with my Ghost box ....I built a new one ... installed Symantic Ghost Console Version: 11.5.0.2113 ... licensed it ... and tried creating a new image from a model I knew worked previously.....alas the same errors.  Two totally un-connected Ghost servers now having the exact same issues .....not much of a coincidence I don't think. 

Would this error be related to the license as I had previously created several images successfully.

Any help with this would be much appreciated .....as I have new models I need to create images for.

Cheers

Gordon

• 2.  RE: Span Volume [1] Done (1658) error

Posted Apr 16, 2009 12:29 AM
     Hi gordorfc,

It sounds like spanning issue rather than a license issue.
    how did you define your image definition in the console?
    if you want to store an image to your ghost console machine, make sure that you did not tick "image is located in a client machine"
    also you could try to do same task after changing the image location.
    does it make any difference?

regards,
    James Lee