Email Security.cloud

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

"SPF (Sender Policy Framework) domain authentication 553-fail "with valid SPF record

• 1.  "SPF (Sender Policy Framework) domain authentication 553-fail "with valid SPF record

Posted Jul 01, 2016 05:55 PM

Emails from my company are getting bounced with the "server-15.tower-179.messagelabs.com #553-SPF (Sender Policy Framework) domain authentication 553-fail. Refer to the Troubleshooting page at 553-http://www.symanteccloud.com/troubleshooting for more 553 information. (#5.7.1) " error. I do have a valid SPF record that was working fine until last night or maybe first thing morning. Has anything changed - requirements/format of the record?

v=spf1 mx a mx:mail.mydomain.net -all

• 2.  RE: "SPF (Sender Policy Framework) domain authentication 553-fail "with valid SPF record
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 01, 2016 06:51 PM

After some testing and checking, I found that the problem was caused by a rule change on the router which has been corrected. We no longer have the SPF issue. A router died and was replaced with a newer model, it was accidentally configured so that all outgoing traffic was from ip address .10, the problem is that the mail server is address .12 so the SPF check was looking in the wrong place in our dns .... thought I would post this in case it helps anyone else.