Symanec Protection Suites

View Only
  • 1.  SPS Small Bussiness 4.0 to SEP 2013

Posted Oct 17, 2012 06:41 AM

Hello,

i currently own SYMC PROTECTION SUITE SMALL BUSINESS EDITION 4.0 PER USER I/O BASIC 36 MONTHS (2QZAOZZ1-BI3I0) and i am wondering how i can upgrade my licenses and my software to the new Symantec Endpoint Protection 2013 .cloud.

I did not receive an upgrade notification and can't do any manual upgrade in the licensing portal.

can anyone help?

• 2.  RE: SPS Small Bussiness 4.0 to SEP 2013

Posted Oct 22, 2012 09:59 AM

Hello,

The new Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 is not part of the Symantec Protection Suite, which is why you have not received an upgrade notification.  Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 is a subscription service not a software license, and thus does not fit with the Protection Suite licensing model.

Can I ask why you are looking to upgrade to the new SEP SBE 2013?  Are you particularly interested in the cloud management?  Or are there features in the new product you would like to use?

BR

• 3.  RE: SPS Small Bussiness 4.0 to SEP 2013

Posted Nov 11, 2012 12:00 PM

I have used it for my web site and internal computers and I noticed it is easy to setup and use. Especially until today I am happy about it is level os safety