Video Screencast Help

SQL & Backupexec 2012

Created: 07 Dec 2012 | 6 comments
Bas00ma's picture

Dear all,

I can not be able to take backup for SQL server, backup exec throw this error ' The Backup Exec SQL Agent was not used to create the last full backup of this database. You must use the SQL Agent to run a full backup before you run a differential backup or transaction log backup', SQL configured is configured with full inbuilt backup mode.

Any help will be appreciated .

Thanks in advance,

Basem

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

You have to run a full backup of the SQL databases, before you can run log or incremental SQL backups.

If you are running VM backups, make sure that you do not have a VM backup between the full SQL database backup and the log or incremental backups.

SQL Log Backup job fails if run after an AVVI or Hyper-V backup of the SQL Virtual machine

Differential/Log backup of SQL database fails with the error "The Backup Exec SQL Agent was not used to create the last full backup of this database. You must use the SQL Agent to run a full backup before you run a differential backup or transaction log backup"

Bas00ma's picture

Yes, i did full backup first sucessfully for Sql but when i run incremantal backup throw this error .

VJware's picture

Check if the LSN was reset or not... From the SQL management studio, right-click on the database, choose standard reports - backup & restore events...

Also, if running any native SQL backups, pls ensure they don't clash with the Backup Exec's jobs.

rendersr's picture

Hi,

Check wat the recovery model is on the database (Simple or Full).

Make sure you implement a full backup for the databases before running incremental or differential backups. Can you output us the configuration parameters for the differential job?

How much time is there between taking a full and a differential?

Bas00ma's picture

Thanks for your reply, the database recovery model is full.

I run full and Incremental every day , full at the end of business day 16:00 and the incremental at 11:30 Morning .

pkh's picture

Make sure you are not running any VM backups or other SQL backup tasks between your full and incremental jobs.