Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  sqlplus error when trying to upgrade from 12.0 to 12.0.1

Posted Jun 18, 2014 07:56 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to upgrade the Symantec DLP from 12.0. to 12.0.1. The upload of .jar file works fine, the wizard works but when it asks about the sqlplus executable an error is raised.

Here is the message:

An executable copy of sqlplus was not found at the location: /home/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_3/bin/sqlplus. The upgrader requires sqlplus to upgrade your Symantec DLP database. Please check your installation of Oracle Client Tools.

The problem is the file exists!

/home/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_3/bin
    [root@server bin]# ls sqlplus
    sqlplus
    [root@server bin]#

When I installed 12.0 everything worked fine with ORACLE_BASE and ORACLE_HOME. But upgrading...

Thank you in advance.

• 2.  RE: sqlplus error when trying to upgrade from 12.0 to 12.0.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2014 12:16 PM

It sounds like you are running the upgrade as root and not the protect user. Do you have the environmental variables for ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID for the upgrade user? What are the permissions on the sqlplus file? Does the protect user have access to the binary? Are you able to connect to the database with sqlplus?

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Best,

Ryan

• 3.  RE: sqlplus error when trying to upgrade from 12.0 to 12.0.1

Posted Jun 20, 2014 10:47 AM

Hi Ryan! Thank you for the answer.

So, I'm not able to test it now. But I can tell you I started the daemons using the root account and I used the web interface to upload the jar. This could be the problem? I need to restart the deamons using protect account?

Thank you in advance,

• 4.  RE: sqlplus error when trying to upgrade from 12.0 to 12.0.1

Posted Jun 25, 2014 08:16 AM

Dear Rafael,

The location of files for configuring Oracle for use with Symantec Data Loss Prevention has changed from previous releases. These configuration files, including the database template file and the database user SQL script, are part of your platform ZIP file:Symantec_DLP_12.0.1_Platform_Win.zip or Symantec_DLP_12.0.1_Platform_Lin.zip.
    After you download the platform ZIP file from FileConnect and extract the contents, locate the Oracle_Configuration folder. The folder contains the compressed file
    (11g_r2_64_bit_Installation_Tools.tar.gz for Linux platforms, and11g_r2_64_bit_Installation_Tools.zip for Windows platforms) that includes the Oracle configuration files.
    The Symantec Data Loss Prevention Oracle 11g Installation and Upgrade Guide included with the downloadable documentation on FileConnect incorrectly identifies the location of the Oracle configuration files.

you can also download an updated version of the guide at the Symantec Data Loss Prevention Knowledgebase: https://kb-vontu.altiris.com/article.asp?article=56403&p=4.

• 5.  RE: sqlplus error when trying to upgrade from 12.0 to 12.0.1

Posted Sep 09, 2014 12:35 PM

I know this is probably too late to respond,

But as the protect user try and get to that directory.  root has inherent permissions.

Most likely protect can't access anything inside of the Oracle directory

Be sure that both Oracle and Protect are added to the same group, and then verify that the group permissions are set.

(for example, oracle should be part of oinstall group, as should protect)

you can verify groups by typing groups protect, or groups oracle

You may need to add protect to oinstall.

if they are in fact both part of the same groups, do a chmod -R 770 /<top level oracle tools path>

for example since you installed here: /home/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_3/bin

/chmod -R 770 /home/oracle

try again.   Should solve the problem if you couldn't path to that directory