SR 2013 recovery disk for VMware Hypervisor 5.0
I was simulating a server scenario (EFI based) in my virtual server (VMware Vsphare 5.0).
1. VM Env. details - VMware Vsphare 5.0
2. VM OS - Win 2008 R2 (EFI enabled BIOS) .
3. System Recovery - SR 2013.
4. SR 2013 Recovery Disk.
Now, I have installed and successfully backed up the system (including EFI system reserved Partition) using SR 2013.
But Unable to boot using the SR 2013 recovery Disk on to a different VM where EFI is enabled in the BIOS.
I have tried using SR 2011 Recovery Disk and was successfully bootable when changed to non-EFI based BIOS in the VM setting.
This NON-EFI based BIOS(Target server) will not be able to restore a EFI based system (Source backed up server) check the below link on this :-
My query :-
1. Does SR 2013 supported in VMware VSphare 5.0?
2. Is there any bug/problem compatibility issue with VMware or EFI based server.
3. Or else I am going through a wrong procedure.
Please, help me with this query....