Mumbai Security and Compliance User Group

View Only
  • 1.  SSIM 4.7.3 Base License query

Posted Jan 30, 2012 07:31 AM

Hi All,

Can anybody guide me on the standard procedure for updating SSIM with Base License. 

Do I have to import SSIM Base license on all devices including Service Provider, Collectors, Correlaters and Achievers or just on the Service Provider i.e Master Box.

Bcoz for GIN License, we have to import the license on all devices simultaneously.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: SSIM 4.7.3 Base License query

Posted Jan 30, 2012 11:37 AM

You should have a separate license for each SSIM server as that's how the product is licensed, and it enables liveupdate etc etc. So yes you do.

Not much point having GIN enabled on a SSIM that's not doing correlation?

• 3.  RE: SSIM 4.7.3 Base License query

Posted Jan 31, 2012 02:06 AM

Mike,

So you mean to say that the license will bear the name of the box eg. for Archeiver - i will get the license bearing the name of Archeiver samewise for correlater, collector n etc etc.

If no then means same single license I have to be imported on every box likewise i do for GIN license.

Or i need to download all licenses simultaneoulsy & then i can apply any license to any appliance role..

Please suggest.

• 4.  RE: SSIM 4.7.3 Base License query

Posted Feb 01, 2012 09:09 AM

Anybody....on urgent basis.

I have got a 90 Days evaluaton Base license and its a single .slf extension file . So do i need to upload the same file on every SSIM BOX.

LIke the way we do for GIN license.

And do we have any order of updating Base license on the SSIM servers . For eg.

1)Service Provider

2)Correlaters

3)Archeivers

4Collectors

or any server from middle and update it.

• 5.  RE: SSIM 4.7.3 Base License query
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 02, 2012 06:06 AM

Hi Shahnawaz,

You don't need to install license on all the appliances.

You just need to install the License on the Appliance which is having your Master LDAP config.

It will replicate the license to all other boxes.

Hope this will help you!!