SSIM & Checkpoint
Can anyone help to confirm the following setup for Checkpoint FW1 is adequate:
1. The Checkpoint FW1 hardware is a Nokia box.
2. This Nokia box is managed by a separate Windows based management console.
3. I am using the on-appliance Checkpoint collector on the SSIM server, and set up the management console as according to Page 16 with header "To configure Check Point FireWall-1 for a remote collector installation".
The setup is completed, however, the sensor started and stopped, and there are no logs coming in.
1. Is the above process correct for such setup?
2. I am using the on-box collector for Checkpoint FW1, can this be supported? Or is it mandatory that the agent and collector MUST be installed on the management console?