Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

SSR 2011 Only backing up System Reserved Drive

Created: 18 Nov 2012 | 5 comments

I have created a backup job to run on a new server.  C: drive is selected, and it automatically adds the System Reserved drive to the selection.  The first run creates to recovery files, one for C: Drive, and one for System Reserved.  Subsequent job runs create only System Reserved, but no C: drive backups.  Jobs shows as succeded 100%. 

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Markus Koestler's picture

Any hints in the SSR eventlog ?

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

CADNET's picture

The logs simply show that job has started, then System Reserved backed up successfully, but the C Drive part of the job never runs.

Info 6C8F1F63: The drive-based backup job, Daily Backup, has been started manually.
Details:
Source: Symantec System Recovery

Info 6C8F1F7A: A manual incremental recovery point of drive *:\ was created successfully.
Details:
Source: Symantec System Recovery

Hm give this one a try:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

CADNET's picture

Thanks Markus,

I tried that already.  In creating a new job, the first run creates both recovery files.  In subsequent runs, only the System Reserved drive recovery fiel is created, but no the C Drive.

Very interesting, let me escalate this to support for you.