Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

SSR2013 (and SSSR2012) retention off-site copy

Created: 29 Apr 2013 | 3 comments
Mike - Prosum's picture

Dear,

I deployed SSR2012 for a customer. 1 recovery point per month, retention 6 months. Configured an offsite copy to a second disk.

All goes well. When the retention period on the BU disk is achived a clean happens as it should do. I notice that the cleaning is also done on the offsite copy disk. Is there a way that I can set a different policy for the offsite copy location? Actually what I woul like to achieve is 6 months retention on the BU disk and only purge content from the offsite disc when it gets full. In this way the BU disk would provide recovery for 6 months, the offsite copy would be long term recovery.

Thanks 

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Chris Riley's picture

There is no such thing as SSR 2012 :-)

Unfortunately this is not possible with the current version of the product - sounds like a nice enhancement though. Offsite copy is just that - it mirrors what you have at your primary backup destination.

Please add this to the ideas section so that it can be considered for future versions of the product:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and...

Mike - Prosum's picture

Chris,

I meant SSR2011, my mistake.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll continue doing a mannual copy every month for long term archiving...

SSRnewbe's picture

I am trying out SSR2013, it works when backing up my C and D drive. But when I backup my E drive(data drive) the program locks up.  I can copy everything on the E drive to the D drive and SSR2013 will do a backup of the C and D drive with no issues.  Can anyone tell me what is happening?