Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

SSR2013 cannot make backup

Created: 20 May 2013 | 2 comments

My licensed SSR2013 that I used succesfully a few times before to make backup of my computer cannot make backup any more!

Description of the problem:

1. Starting SSR2013 and Define new backup Wizard passed OK.

2. Creating recovery point started succesfully but stopped at 5% with this error message:

Error E4F3000E: Snapshot faulire while using Volume Shadow Copy Service.

I checked that service and it is OK; Automatic, Started.

I also checked its dependencies: Remote Procedure Call (RPC), DCOM Server Process Launcher, and RPC Endpoint Manager – all OK; Automatic, Started.

Need help!

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Harley51's picture

I have exactly the same problem. I was suggested to remove all Norton products and reload SSR and run a One Time Backup. This is not an option as to having to many Norton products on my machine. It fails randomly whether it's Auto or manual backups. This also happens on another machine.

themrvladek's picture

Thank you. I will uninstall SSR2013 using Norton Removal Tool, and install it back hoping that the problem will be solved.

No way!!! Still my licensed SSR2013 cannot work!
Here is what I have done:
1. Unistalled SSR2013 using Norton Removal Tool, and SSR2013 installation disk to remove software from computer completely.
2. Installed SSR2013, and LiveUpdate found Symantec System Recovery 2013, 90342.6 KB, downloaded, and installed.
3. Started SSR2013 to make backup, but the same problem appeared: Creating recovery point stopped at 5% progress with the same stupid message: Snapshot failure while using Volume Shadow Copy Service.
Note: VSC Service on my machine is OK; Automatic, Started, and all its dependencies too.
Conclusion: SSR2013 is totally unavailable!
I spent my time and money for nothing!