Step by step guide for AIR on DataDomain
It seems I'm missing a lot of things after reading NBUAdmGuide_I and DDOSAdmGuide. I'm trying to set up AIR using DD's replication, but it is not working for me. I'm not stating that the cause of this AIR not working is on my NBU servers; I'm still searching.
Now to the details. What I have is:
- NBU220.127.116.11 Master/Media as a Source. The same for the Destination.
- DataDomains and DDBoost working properly on both sides (Source and Destination).
- Regular backup policies writing on DD1 on the source side. Also regular backup policies writing on DD2 on the destination side.
- A SLP on the source which first writes as usual and then duplicates the recently created backup image to a special DD1 DDBoost storage unit.
- A SLP on the destination which has only an import operation defined. During my tests that import operation used either the regular DD2 DDBoost storage unit and the DD2 DDBoost storage unit that is supposed to receive the replicated backup images from DD1 (by means of DataDomain replication technology).
- NBU_Source writes on DD1, both on the regular DDBoost storage unit and on the DDBoost storage unit which is defined as the source for the DataDomain replication.
- NBU_Destination doesn't even blink an eye after the duplication has been done on the Source.
OK, I'm not entirely sure that the resulting files on Source are really being duplicated to Destination (speaking about DD layer here), but, can I be sure that my configuration is right on both NBUs?
I'm going a little bit crazy with this, since Symantec's documentation seems to be more devoted to MSDP than to OpenStorage API-compliant devices.
Many, many thanks in advance for your help/ideas/suggestions.